Bought GM TECH2 at 12-12-2017
I bought one GM TECH2 (FSP23-1). Hopefully I’ll get it
GM TECH2 Scanner Features:
1) GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
Vetronix Tech 2 Specifications
1) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
2) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
3) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
4) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface; You will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter. Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
Received package at 12-19-2017
Well I finally got the tech2,i had to file a dispute through PayPal though. They sent me several emails on the status but one asked for my phone number for shipping, only problem was it was a no reply email and there was no way of sending the number through their website, so I started a dispute. Within hours I got a normal email from them and sent the phone number. The tech2 arrived 2 days later. it looks and feels exactly like the gm one, and I have been using these things since they changed from the tech1 to the tech2,i have years of experience with it and it works exactly like any others I’ve used at gm dealers over the years.im happy with it, even though the shipping was a lot, it’s still a great deal.462.00 for a brand new tech2 with a candi module all the cables and adapters and case is great.
GM TECH2 Scanner Using Experience:
So far I only connected to my intimidator ss and everything was there, haven’t used it on the corvettes yet, but I would imagine it should be able to set up a BCM. i would like to change one of my c5s that is canadien to US to disable the auto headlights because they don’t always open when they should and when they do work right they come on too early.
it will do the relearn, I’ve used it some more since my last post and it does everything a real tech2 does, and I’ve been using the real one professionally since its inception. Mine came with the 32 mb card. you have to specify GM English when you order the unit. There are a lot of other cards for different languages Saab, Holden, etc